This Honey Garlic Salmon in the Air Fryer recipe is so easy to make and one that will be a favorite fish recipe. It’s one of the best Air Fryer recipes that is made with flaky, juicy salmon and is glazed with a sweet honey garlic sauce.
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe
Air fryer recipes are so fun to make! Here are a few reasons you’ll love this delicious meal:
- Cooking salmon fillets is extra easy in the Air Fryer and quick too.
- This recipe only uses simple ingredients – you probably have the ingredients in your pantry.
- Air fryer salmon is a delicious dinner recipe as well as a healthy dinner option.
- You only need 15 minutes to whip up this easy fish recipe, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
If you enjoy a nice flaky fish for dinner, you should also try this seasoned Air Fryer Tilapia. It’s a mild white fish that takes on the delicious flavors of the seasoning and an easy way to add another fish to your healthy air fryer recipes.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Love
- Paper Towels
- Small Bowl
- Aluminum Foil Pan – use a disposable aluminum foil pan to catch the sauce.
- Meat Thermometer – use an instant meat thermometer to make sure the salmon is fully cooked.
- Air Fryer
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Salmon Ingredients
Here’s all you need for this simple recipe:
FRESH SALMON FILLETS: You’ll need two-four fillets, approximately 6 ounces in size with the skin on one side.
KOSHER SALT AND BLACK PEPPER: Fresh cracked black pepper really enhances the flavor.
HONEY: It’s easy to want to keep pouring on the sweet honey garlic glaze. You could also swap this with brown sugar or pure maple syrup.
OLIVE OIL: You could use sesame oil instead and even toss on a few sesame seeds.
LOW SODIUM SOY SAUCE: You can’t make fantastic salmon without soy sauce! You can even try a teriyaki salmon if you want.
GARLIC POWDER AND GINGER POWDER: These spices really help bring out an Asian-inspired flavor to your honey salmon recipe. You could also use finely minced fresh garlic instead of the powder.
COOKING SPRAY: Use a little olive oil cooking spray on your air fryer basket or foil boil before placing the salmon on it.
GARNISH: Squeeze of Lemon Juice.
Honey Garlic Salmon in the Air Fryer Directions
STEP 1: Use paper towels to remove excess water from the salmon fillets by patting dry each piece of salmon.
STEP 2: Lightly salt and pepper to the fillets and set aside.
STEP 3: In a small bowl, olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, honey, and garlic to create your honey garlic sauce. Mix everything together well.
STEP 4: Line your Air Fryer basket with aluminum foil and fold the sides up to create a bowl. Or use a disposable aluminum foil pie pan in the basket. Using one of these helps keep the sauce from dripping through the holes in the basket and lets the sauce cook into the fish. Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
STEP 5: Add salmon to the lined basket with the salmon skin side down, making sure they are placed in a single layer. Pour the sauce on the top of the fillets.
STEP 6: Cook at 370 F degrees for 5 minutes and then check the fish with a meat thermometer to ensure it’s done. (Salmon is done when the internal temperature is 125-130F). If salmon isn’t done yet, add an additional 1-2 minutes.
If you don’t have one, get an instant read thermometer. It’s the quickest and easiest way to determine the inside temp of your meat.
STEP 7: Remove the salmon and add it to your plate. Pour any extra honey garlic marinade sauce from the pan onto the fish. Add a squeeze of lemon juice on top.
Serve this salmon dish with rice and your favorite veggies and enjoy.
- Replace honey with a tablespoon of brown sugar for a brown sugar glaze.
- For more garlic flavor, use fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder.
How do I Keep Salmon from Sticking to the Air Fryer?
I use the aluminum foil or disposable pan in the basket to help keep the sauce on the fish and to help prevent it from sticking to the basket. Also lightly spray with olive oil.
How Long Should I Cook Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer?
If you want to use frozen salmon to make your honey garlic salmon in the Air Fryer, you need to preheat your Air Fryer at 370 F for 2-3 minutes, then cook frozen salmon for 6-7 minutes. Check as the salmon cooks to make sure it doesn’t get overcooked.
Cooking times will also vary by the thickness of the fillets.
How To Store Air Fryer Honey Garlic Salmon
Store your leftover salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. It’s a perfect dinner to reheat for another busy weeknight meal.
How Do You Reheat Honey Garlic Salmon?
You can reheat leftover salmon in the Air Fryer at 360 degrees F for 4 minutes. You will need to make extra sauce to spoon on top after reheating the fish.
Honey Garlic Salmon in the Air Fryer is a quick and easy dinner meal that everyone will love. You can pair it with so many sides, like rice and various vegetables to keep your options endless and your whole family enjoying this air fryer salmon recipe.
- 2-4 Salmon Fillets, depending on size of your air fryer (fillets about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ground Ginger Powder
- Garnish: Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Use paper towels to remove excess water from the salmon fillets by patting dry each piece of salmon.
- Lightly Salt and Pepper the fillets and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, honey, and garlic to create the honey garlic sauce. Mix well.
- Line your Air Fryer basket with aluminum foil and fold the sides up to create a bowl. Or use a disposable aluminum foil pie pan in the basket. Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add salmon to the lined basket skin side down in a single layer. Pour the sauce on the top of the fillets.
- Cook at 370 F degrees for 5 minutes. Check the salmon with a meat thermometer to ensure it's reached an internal temperature is 125-130F degrees. If salmon isn't done yet, add an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the salmon and add it to your plate. Pour any extra honey garlic marinade sauce from the pan onto the fish.
See recipe posts for extra tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 51g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.