The Best Mexican Martini Drink Recipe
Have you ever tried a Mexican Martini? In Texas (especially Austin), we love them. The benefit of a Mexican Martini, is the wonderfully smoother taste over a standard margarita.
To clear up any confusion, let me point out that the Mexican Martini tastes nothing like a martini. Margaritas and Mexican Martinis are very similar.
The martini portion of the name comes more from how it is served and garnished more than the cocktail ingredients. But, like a Dirty Martini, the green olive brine (the olive juice in the jar) is a staple ingredient.
In order to make the best Mexican Martini, you have to make the best Margarita first!
A good margarita is almost clear with just a slight yellow-green hue, not vibrant green with an overbearing lime taste often served at restaurants.
Once you have the right Margarita recipe, all you’ll need to do is add the additional ingredients to make the smoother tasting Mexican Martini.
Below you’ll find both the batch recipe that can be used for a large group and the single serve recipe.
Margarita (Batch Recipe)
- 12 oz. can of frozen Minute Maid Limeade (do not throw away the can, use it to measure ingredients)
- 3 12 oz. cans of water (use the limeade can to measure the water)
- 12 oz. can of Tequila (fill 1 limeade can to measure your choice tequila)
- 1/3 can of Triple Sec or Cointreau (again, use the limeade can to measure)
If you only want to serve a Margarita, stop here and add this for garnish.
- Take a lime wedge and run it around the rim of a margarita glass, then dip the glass into coarse margarita salt.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in the margarita mixture.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
Mexican Martini (Batch Recipe):
Take the above batch recipe of Margaritas and you’ll just add few extra ingredients to turn this recipe into the Austin, TX favorite cocktail.
- 3 oz. Olive Juice
- 6 oz. Orange Juice
You’ll be surprised how just these two additional ingredients changes the margarita flavor into a smoother tasting cocktail.
Fill a martini shaker with ice and pour in some of the above concoction. Shake until cold and serve in a martini glass. Ta Da!!
Margarita Recipe (Single Serving)
- 3 oz of Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 6 oz of Limeade (already mixed with water according to the directions on the frozen can or use 6 oz of the premade Limeade).
Mexican Martini (Single Serve):
Use the above single serve Margarita mixture and pour it into a martini shaker. Add the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of green olive juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
Add ice. Shake well and pour into a salted rim martini glass. Garnish with green olives, orange slice and a lime slice.
After making a Mexican Martini, you may never go back to a regular Margarita!
Save this recipe for later and pin it to your Pinterest!