Tequila Cranberry cocktail is a refreshing drink all year round but add fresh cranberries on top and it’s perfectly festive for holiday parties. Smooth and delicious, you’ll want to add it to your list of favorite cocktails.
Tequila Cranberry is one of my favorite cocktail recipes. It’s such a simple and festive tequila cocktail that’s really easy to sip on.
If you’re serving it up for a holiday gathering, this is a fun cocktail for getting the party started.
A favorite thing about this drink for holiday parties? It’s an easy big batch cocktail, giving you more time to enjoy your friends!
Tequila Cranberry Ingredients
Here’s a list of simple ingredients to make this drink recipe:
Tequila: Blanco tequila, also called white or silver tequila, is perfect for a tequila cranberry cocktail because it is less sweet than a gold or aged. But, the best tequila for mixed drinks is the one you truly enjoy. So, you can always use your favorite brand.
Cranberry Juice: Sweetened Cranberry juice and Cranberry Juice Cocktail are my choice for a mixer. If you prefer tart cocktails, then use unsweetened cranberry juice which doesn’t include added sweeteners. If you use unsweetened, you might add a little simple syrup to tone down the tartness. Add simple syrup until you achieve the right balance for your taste.
Limes: Add a squeeze of a fresh lime juice to add a small splash of a bright citrus. Also, use a lime wedges to wet the rim of the cocktail glass as well as for garnish.
Kosher Salt: Optional garnish for a tequila and cranberry cocktail. If you’re adding a Cointreau to make it into a Cranberry Margarita, you’ll definitely want to add the salted rim.
Fresh Cranberries: Optional garnish that gives this cocktail a fun and festive look for the holiday season.
Ice Cubes: To keep it chill!
Quick and easy, stir up a delicious cocktail in less than 5 minutes.
Step 1: Wet the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and dip the rim into margarita salt (or sand sugar).
Step 2: Fill the glass with ice.
Step 3: Pour in 1 shot of tequila.
Step 4: Top off with sweetened cranberry juice.
Step 5: Add a squeeze of lime juice. Stir well.
Step 6: Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh cranberries.
Tip: Alternatively, you can add ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until the outside of the shaker is chilled. Then strain into glasses filled with ice and add garnish.
- Mix in a splash of fresh orange juice to this cocktail recipe for a great blend. The two juices taste great together and it adds another dimension to the flavor.
- Add a sprig of rosemary on top for an added festive look for the holidays. If you’re a fan of rosemary simple syrup, here’s a delicious Cranberry Rosemary cocktail recipe.
- Instead of garnishing with salt, you can use a sand sugar for the rim.
- Replace 1.5 ounces of cranberry juice with club soda or a lemon lime soda for a little citrus zest and bubbly.
Don’t you love an easy large batch cocktail? If you’re serving a crowd, this is one of those cranberry cocktails that’s easy to make in a pitcher and cuts down on prep time.
- For every 6 ounces of cranberry juice you pour into your pitcher, add 1.5 ounces of tequila and a squeeze of lime. Stir well.
- Prep your individual glasses with a salt or sugar rim, fill with ice and drop in several fresh cranberries.
- Pour the mixture over ice and add a lime wheel
More Cocktails to Enjoy
This Tequila Cranberry cocktail is a delicious holiday cocktail that you can enjoy year round! It’s such a refreshing cocktail, it’s just as perfect for a hot summer day.
- 1.5 oz Blanco Tequila
- 4 oz Cranberry Juice
- Lime Wedge for garnish
- Margarita Salt for rim
- Fresh Cranberries for garnish
- Wet the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and dip the rim into margarita salt (or sugar if preferred).
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour in Tequila.
- Top off with sweetened cranberry juice.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice. Stir well.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh cranberries.
See recipe post for variations. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.