Crown and Cranberry is the perfect choice for a refreshing whiskey drink. Sweet and tart with only three ingredients, this cocktail is perfect as a summer drink or an easy recipe for parties.
Why You’ll Love Crown and Cranberry
If you’re looking for a great drink to enjoy this summer, try making this Crown and Cranberry drink recipe. It’s an easy cocktail that only needs three ingredients and is perfect for any gathering. Serve it up for happy hour, gatherings or to simply sip on in the evening.
- Crown Royal mixes well with the cranberry flavor.
- Simple whiskey cocktail, easy to make.
- Striking and lovely red drink.
- Easy to make for larger parties. This cocktail even works well during the holiday season.
The sweet and tart flavors are delicious together, and the drink is sure to please!
Why Crown Royal Whisky?
Crown Royal is a blend of Canadian whisky with an extra smooth finish, making it a favorite whiskey for mixed drinks. It’s a warm and cozy liquor with notes of caramel and a light vanilla.
It’s aged in white oak barrels but there’s almost no oaky flavor. It’s definitely a mild whiskey, which makes it perfect for blending with juices and sodas.
Crown Royal Flavored Whisky Drinks
Crown Royal creates several flavored whiskeys. My two favorites are Crown Royal Regal Apple and Crown Royal Peach.
Here are a few or our most popular flavored whiskey recipes:
Crown Royal: 1.5 oz of Crown Royal Whisky. If you you want a stronger drink, bump it up to 2 ounces.
Cranberry Juice: I use 100% cranberry juice which is very tart but I’ve added a simple syrup to the recipe to smooth it out. If you prefer a less tart drink, use Cranberry Cocktail juice(such as Ocean Spray brand) and omit the added sugar.
Simple Syrup: This is used to tone down the tartness of the cranberry juice. You can also use a teaspoon of sugar, but this takes a bit of vigorous stirring to get the sugar to dissolve. If you don’t have simple syrup, be sure to use a sweetened cranberry juice.
Garnish: Adding fresh fruit for garnish gives this delicious cocktail an upscale look. Add 4 fresh cranberries on a skewer and a lime wheel for garnish.
How to Make a Crown and Cranberry
We’re building this drink in the glass, but feel free to make it in a cocktail shaker and strain into a whiskey glass filled with ice.
STEP 1: Fill a lowball cocktail glass with ice.
STEP 2: Pour in a shot of Crown Royal whisky.
STEP 3: Add cranberry juice.
STEP 4: Add a simple syrup to taste and stir well.
I use approximately 1 teaspoon of simple syrup. If you’re using already sweetened cranberry juice, you may not want to add any simple syrup or sugar. In this event, taste test before adding extra sweetener.
STEP 5: Garnish cocktail. Place a skewer of fresh cranberries on top of the drink and add a lime wheel (or lime wedge) to the edge of the glass.
Here are a few variations you might like for this drink recipe:
- Use sweetened cranberry juice (also known as cranberry cocktail) and omit the simple syrup.
- Add 2 ounces of sprite or 7up for a little effervescent bubbly and a light citrus flavor.
- Change up the garnishes. You can use maraschino cherries, an orange peel swirl, or a slice of orange.
More Delicious Crown Royal Cocktails
Whiskey Champagne Drink – Crown Royal with champagne and strawberry flavors for a fancy Crown Royal cocktail.
Crown Royal and Ginger Ale – Simple drink recipe that’s extra refreshing.
If you’re looking for a refreshing cocktail recipe that is easy to make, try this Crown and Cranberry. This sweet and tart cocktail only needs three ingredients, so it’s perfect for any occasion.
- 1.5 ounces Crown Royal Whisky
- 3 ounces Cranberry Juice
- 1 teaspoon Simple Syrup (omit if using sweetened cranberry juice)
- Fresh Cranberries (for garnish)
- Lime Wheel (for garnish)
- Fill a lowball cocktail glass with ice.
- Pour in a shot of Crown Royal whisky
- Add cranberry juice.
- Add a simple syrup to taste and stir well.
- Garnish cocktail. Place a skewer of fresh cranberries on top of the drink and add a lime wheel (or lime wedge) to the edge of the glass.
See recipe post for variations and tips. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.