Air fryer Bacon Wrapped Zucchini is a low-carb and gluten-free vegetables snack or healthy side dish. This easy-to-make recipe transforms humble zucchini into crispy, bite-sized delights. It’s a great way to get the whole family eating more veggies.
Not only is this air fryer bacon wrapped zucchini incredibly easy to make, it’s also packed with nutrients. Whether you’re looking for a quick after-school snack for the kids, a satisfying evening treat, or a healthy appetizer for your next gathering, this recipe has you covered
Plus, it’s a fun and creative way to add vegetables to your diet.
Why You’ll Love Air Fried Bacon Wrapped Zucchini
Quick: Whip up this delicious snack in under 20 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights or satisfying sudden cravings.
Flavorful: The savory bacon and zesty spices combine deliciously with the fresh bite of crisp zucchini.
Nutritious: Zucchini is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making this recipe a nutritious and guilt-free treat.
Crispy Perfection: The air fryer works its magic, delivering perfectly crispy bacon and tender zucchini.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowls
- Cutting Board
- Paper Towels
LARGE ZUCCHINI: Choose a firm one for best results.
BACON: The rich savory and meaty flavor balances the sweetness of the zucchini. Use regular cut bacon, not the thick slices.
CHILI POWDER: Adds a touch of smoky heat and depth of flavor.
CUMIN: This earthy spice brings a warm, nutty aroma to the mix.
ONION POWDER: A classic savory flavor that complements both the bacon and zucchini.
GARLIC POWDER: Adds a delicious garlicky undertone without overwhelming the other spices.
OREGANO: This aromatic herb brings a touch of freshness.
SALT AND BLACK PEPPER: Adjust according to your preference for the perfect level of seasoning.
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Zucchini
Start with room temperature ingredients.
Wash and peel a large zucchini. Cut lengthwise into 3 strips, then chop cross ways into bite sized pieces (about 1/2 inch each).
Pat the zucchini with dry paper towels to remove excess moisture. This keeps the zucchini from getting soggy.
Cut each piece of bacon into thirds.
In a mixing bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well to create a flavorful dry rub.
Place the zucchini pieces in another mixing bowl and sprinkle generously with the prepared spice blend. Toss to coat evenly.
Take a piece of zucchini and wrap it with a piece of bacon, securing it with a toothpick if needed. Repeat with all the zucchini pieces.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Arrange the bacon-wrapped zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer basket, avoiding overcrowding. Make sure the bacon end faces down in the air fryer basket. Remove toothpicks.
Air fry for 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon is golden brown and crispy and the zucchini is tender-crisp.
Let the bacon-wrapped zucchini cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy them plain, or pair them with your favorite dipping sauce for an extra flavor kick.
- Place the bacon wrapped zucchini in a single layer to allow space for air circulation to achieve optimal crispiness.
- If you have an air fryer with a small basket, cook in batches to prevent uneven cooking.
- Depending on the thickness of the slices and the power of your air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Feel free to customize with your favorite seasoning.Try Italian seasoning or red pepper flakes for a kick.
- Sprinkle the zucchini pieces with grated Parmesan cheese before wrapping them in bacon.
- You can also make this recipe with yellow summer squash.
How do I Keep the Zucchini from Becoming Soggy?
If your zucchini has too much moisture it will turn out soggy. Make sure to pat the zucchini dry with paper towels before adding the spices.
Alternatively, sprinkle the cut zucchini with a little salt and let it sit for 10 minutes. This will draw out some of the excess moisture, then pat with paper towels to preventing soggy results.
Is this recipe Keto Diet Friendly?
Absolutely! This recipe for Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Zucchini is positively keto-friendly.
It’s low carb with a medium zucchini only having 3 grams of carbs. The bacon is high in fat to keep you feeling satisfied and there are no sugars in the spice mix.
With its minimal carbs, healthy fats, and delicious flavor, this Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Zucchini recipe is a fantastic addition to any keto meal plan.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover bacon-wrapped zucchini in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes to crisp them up before serving.
More Zucchini Air Fryer Recipes
Air fryer bacon-wrapped zucchini is a healthy, delicious, and satisfying snack that’s perfect for busy weeknights or anytime you crave a flavorful bite.
With its easy preparation, endless variations, and guilt-free indulgence, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your kitchen.
So, fire up your air fryer and whip up a batch of these crispy delights today! You won’t regret it.
- 1 large Zucchini, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 6 slices of Bacon, cut into thirds
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Start with room temperature ingredients.
- Wash and peel a large zucchini. Cut lengthwise into 3 strips, then chop cross ways into bite sized pieces (about 1/2 inch each).
- Pat the zucchini with dry paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Cut each piece of bacon into thirds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Place the zucchini pieces in another mixing bowl and sprinkle with the prepared spice blend. Toss to coat evenly.
- Take a piece of zucchini and wrap it with a piece of bacon, securing it with a toothpick if needed. Repeat with all the zucchini pieces.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer basket, avoiding overcrowding. Make sure the bacon ends face down in the air fryer basket to keep from unrolling. Remove toothpicks.
- Air fry for 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon is golden brown and crispy and the zucchini is tender.
- Let the bacon-wrapped zucchini cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy them plain, or pair them with your favorite dipping sauce for an extra flavor kick.
See recipe post for tips and variations.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 449mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.