Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli is such an easy dinner to whip up. Juicy bites of tender chicken in soy sauce with crispy, crunchy tender broccoli florets make up this healthy dinner. Bring a little Asian flair to your busy weeknights with this air fryer stir fry recipe without having to order carryout or delivery.
Reasons to Love Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli
This is one of my favorite ways to make healthy air fryer recipes! The great thing about cooking with an air fryer is that it’s so easy make healthier versions of your favorite foods. And here’s a few reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
- This recipe is really easy to make ahead of time and a great way to meal prep.
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli is a healthy recipe that you can double or triple up and have plenty to feed a crowd.
- It’s a low carb dish, perfect for low calorie diets.
- This stir fry style meal is so versatile and easy to change it up. No getting bored or having to pick around ingredients you don’t like.
- Air fryers cook food more evenly and can help to preserve nutrients.
Keep in mind this simple recipe uses less oil than Chinese restaurants and still makes for an amazing meal.
Serve this delicious air fryer chicken and broccoli recipe with some yummy homemade Chicken Fried Rice. They pair perfectly together and everyone will love this meal. If you prefer, simply serve it with an easy side dish such as brown rice or white rice.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes to Love
Love easy chicken recipes? Here’s just a sampling of more fantastic air fryer chicken recipes:
Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli Ingredients
Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need for this easy air fryer recipe:
CUBED CHICKEN: Bite-size pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast or skinless chicken thighs. Cutting them in 1-inch bites is the best way to check the internal temperature of the chicken as it cooks in the air fryer basket. Use an instant read thermometer to quickly and effortlessly check the temperature.
BROCCOLI: Cut up your fresh head of broccoli into small pieces that are about bite-size so you don’t have to cut up again while eating.
COOKING SPRAY: Feel free to use avocado oil, olive oil, grape seed oil, or sesame oil.
TERIYAKI SAUCE: Make your own or use bottled sauce. Make sure to use a low carb teriyaki sauce if you’re following a keto or similar diet.
SESAME SEEDS: Use as many or as few as you prefer.
SALT AND BLACK PEPPER: Common spices to use. For even more flavor, you can also try garlic powder, a sprinkle of brown sugar with your teriyaki sauce or some fresh lemon juice or fresh minced ginger.
Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli really is soooo easy to make. It’s like a one pot (or one basket) Air Fryer meal.
Start by prepping your chicken and broccoli by cutting them into bite size pieces.
Then preheat the Air Fryer to 350 degrees F for a few minutes. Typically, an air fryer needs 1-2 minutes for preheating.
Add the prepped chicken and broccoli to the Air Fryer basket in a single layer.
Spray the food with cooking spray and lightly coat with salt and pepper.
Air fry for 15 minutes.
Remove basket and using a pastry brush, coat the chicken and broccoli with teriyaki sauce. Just as easily, you could pour everything into a large bowl and toss with sauce.
Add your saucy chicken and broccoli back to the basket and air fry for another 5 minutes.
Once finished, check the chicken’s internal temperature to make sure it’s 165F using a meat thermometer. If the chicken isn’t completely cooked, add 2 more minutes of cook time.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and dish the air fryer chicken and broccoli on to serving plates.
What Vegetables Can I Add To Stir Fry?
If you’re looking to take this air fryer Chicken and Broccoli up a notch, add in some more vegetables for an even more magical air fryer stir fry. Here are some options to try:
- bell peppers
- green beans
- red onion
- snow peas
Can I Cook Meat and Vegetables Together in an Air Fryer?
Absolutely! You’ll be checking to make sure that the chicken is cooked to the appropriate temperature and you can check on the tenderness of the broccoli.
Cooking them in the Air Fryer in one basket, is just like making a one pot meal, or a sheet pan meal in the oven where everything gets tossed together.
How to Store Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli
To safely store your stir fry, put the leftovers in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. You can keep your leftovers for 3-4 days in the fridge.
How Do I Reheat Air Fryer Stir Fry
To reheat your dish, place it back in the air fryer basket and reheat in the fryer for 5 minutes at 400F. Check to make sure that everything is warmed through. Keep in mind that cooking time may vary between makes and models of different Air Fryers.
Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli is such a quick dinner and air frying gives both the broccoli and chicken the tender yet crispy texture you’ll fall in love with. The whole family will love this delicious meal full of lean protein and healthy veggies.
- 1 pound Cubed Chicken (boneless chicken breasts or thighs)
- 1/2 pound Broccoli (cut into pieces)
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Soy Sauce (optional)
- Start by prepping your chicken and broccoli by cutting them into bite size pieces.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 degrees F for a few minutes. Typically, an air fryer needs 1-2 minutes for preheating.
- Add the prepared chicken and broccoli to the Air Fryer basket in a single layer.
- Spray with cooking spray and lightly coat with salt and pepper.
- Air fry for 15 minutes.
- Remove basket and using a pastry brush, coat the chicken and broccoli with teriyaki sauce. Just as easily, you could pour everything into a large bowl and toss with sauce.
- Add your saucy chicken and broccoli back to the basket and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Once finished, check the chicken's internal temperature to make sure it's 165F using a meat thermometer. If the chicken isn't completely cooked, add 2 more minutes of cook time.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place on serving plates. Serve with soy sauce if desired.
See recipe post for tips and variations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 927mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 31g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.