Creamy, chocolatey, and sweet, this S’mores Hot Chocolate is the perfect thing for any S’mores or chocolate lover. You can make a big ol’ mug of this hot cocoa recipe in under 10 minutes.
You’ll be sippin’ on this delicious, rich hot chocolate in no time. Smooth marshmallow cream, sweet graham cracker crumbs, and rich chocolate make up this perfect dessert drink.
Is it a dessert or is it a drink??!
This hot beverage is the perfect thing to whip up on a cold day. There’s no better way to warm up than with a nice big cup of S’mores Hot Chocolate.
Serve it with these deliciously chewy S’mores Cookies for a full s’mores treat!
And…. If you’re ready for a spiked, tasty cocoa, don’t miss this Caramel Vodka Hot Chocolate!
Why You’ll Love S’mores Hot Chocolate
- Fun for kids and adults to enjoy.
- Ready in just a few minutes.
- Only uses a handful of ingredients and is easy to make.
- Simple to scale and make more for a party, gathering, or crowd.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
If you love flavored or spiked hot chocolate, you’re going to love any of these hot cocoa bomb recipes:
- Halloween Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Bailey’s Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Kahlua Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Christmas Hot Chocolate Bombs
More S’mores Recipes
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Large Mug (a heat safe mug)
- Small Plate
- Ziploc Bag
- Kitchen Torch (optional)
To get more info on the simple ingredients needed for this s’mores hot chocolate recipe, check the recipe card below.
SUGAR: Sweetens up your drink, feel free to adjust to your taste.
COCOA: Use whatever cocoa powder brand you enjoy.
MILK: I recommend using whole milk. You can also use milk alternatives if you need to avoid regular milk.
DARK CHOCOLATE WAFERS: I like to use Ghiradelli’s chocolate melting wafers, but you can swap this out different brands or chocolate bar.
MARSHMALLOW CREME: You can use store bought, or make your own fluff. I use the store bought kind.
GRAHAM CRACKERs: We used crushed graham crackers to coat the rim with. I like to crush them in a ziptop bag.
MINI MARSHMALLOWS: These are an optional garnish, but are a fun topping to add.
Here are the step-by-step directions to make the best s’mores hot chocolate:
STEP 1: Crush your graham crackers in a ziplock bag. Simply add a graham cracker and gently break it up to crush it into crumbs.
STEP 2: Pour your graham cracker crumbs into a shallow dish.
STEP 3: Use your (clean) fingers to rub the marshmallow creme around the rim of your mug. Dip the marshmallowy rim into the the crushed graham crackers.
STEP 4: Add milk, sugar, cocoa, and dark chocolate to a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Whisk to combine. Be careful not to burn the ingredients, be sure to continually whisk as it melts.
STEP 5: Once it’s all melted together, pour into the glass.
STEP 6: Top with marshmallows. Toast the marshmallows lightly using a kitchen torch to give the S’mores effect with toasty marshmallows.
Tips and Variations
Feel free to have fun and make this s’mores hot chocolate recipe your own! Here are some ideas:
- You don’t have to use toasted marshmallows, you can just toss in a few mini marshmallows.
- Use store bought hot cocoa mix if you don’t have the chocolate wafers and cocoa on hand to make your own. Just grab your favorite hot chocolate mix and heat with milk.
- Use whole milk for a creamier flavor. Hot water will work, it’s just not near as creamy as hot milk. Add some heavy whipping cream for an even creamier version.
- You can swap the dark chocolate for milk chocolate or other chocolate of your choosing.
- This recipe, as written, makes a single serving, however, if you want to make more for your family and friends, it’s super easy to double, triple, etc and it won’t take too much time to make either!
- For a flavor twist, try adding white chocolate bars to the chocolate mixture.
What else can I add?
Feel free to add more ingredients or garnish options. Here are a few fun ideas:
- Drizzle a little chocolate sauce on top for a yummy chocolate drizzle.
- Add extra graham cracker crumbs as garnish to the top of your drink.
- Drizzle some other sauces for a fun flavor addition- butterscotch or caramel would be delicious on top of this hot chocolate recipe.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream.
This recipe is rich chocolatey goodness with the delightful combination of toasted marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs. S’mores Hot Chocolate
Be sure to indulge in a warm mug of S’mores Hot Chocolate when the cooler weather hits!
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 10 Ghirardelli's Dark Chocolate Wafers
- 8 Mini Marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon Marshmallow Creme (garnish)
- 1 graham cracker; crushed (garnish)
- Crush your graham crackers in a ziploc bag. Simply add a graham cracker and gently break it up to crush it into crumbs.
- Pour your graham cracker crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Use your (clean) fingers to rub the marshmallow creme around the rim of your mug. Dip the marshmallowy rim into the the crushed graham crackers.
- Add milk, sugar, cocoa, and dark chocolate to a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Whisk to combine. Be careful not to burn the ingredients, be sure to continually whisk as it melts.
- Once it's all melted together, pour into your mug.
- Top with mini marshmallows.Optional: Toast the marshmallows lightly using a kitchen torch to give the S'mores effect with toasty marshmallows.
See the recipe post for lots of fun variations!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.