This Watermelon Mojito recipe is the go-to cocktail on a hot summer day! A mix of fresh watermelon, mint leaves and white rum sweetened with simple syrup and topped with a bubbly club soda. This watermelon cocktail is deliciously juicy twist on the classic recipe.
Watermelon Mojitos are the ultimate summer drink. Fresh, minty and sweet with a nice kick of rum!
The Best Watermelon Mojitos
Here’s why you’ll love this perfect cocktail:
- Fresh fruit makes this the perfect summer cocktail.
- Perfect for happy hour, backyard BBQs, girl’s night or a day by the swimming pool.
- Perfect mix of juicy watermelon, mint and sugar for a refreshing and cool cocktail.
We have tons of delicious summer cocktails. If you’re looking for our most popular recipes, check out our favorite collection of summer cocktails.
Throw in these Watermelon Rum Jello Shots and you’ll have a rum watermelon party!
More Mojito Recipes to Love
Mojitos are popular cocktail recipes and we love the classic along with fun summer fruits that mix well with mint.
- Muddler – If you love mojitos, you should definitely pick up a good muddler. Here’s a similar muddler to the one I’m using.
- Highball Glass or Mason Jar (love these mason jars with handles!)
- Large Knife for cutting watermelon
Watermelon Mint Mojito Ingredients
The simple ingredients you’ll need to create a fresh watermelon mojito:
LIGHT RUM: Choose your favorite white or light rum. It has a light flavor and doesn’t interfere with the mint and watermelon flavors, like a dark rum would do. Personally, I use Bacardi Silver rum.
MINT LEAVES: Fresh mint leaves for muddling and save extra mint sprigs for garnish. Muddling the mint leaves will release the mint oil.
SIMPLE SYRUP: Adds the perfect touch of sweetness to this recipe.
FRESH WATERMELON: A ripe watermelon cut into cubes, which easily muddles into a watermelon puree. Make sure to save part of your watermelon for garnish. If you don’t want to cut up a watermelon, you can use fresh watermelon juice instead.
LIMES: Fresh lime juice squeezed from 1 lime.
WATERMELON SPARKLING WATER: A classic mojito recipe calls for tonic water or club soda, but for this recipe we want to add a little extra flavor with a watermelon sparkling water. A watermelon tonic or soda water works just as well too.
GARNISH: A mint sprig and a watermelon wedge will dress up this gorgeous cocktail! You can also use lime slices instead of watermelon slices if you prefer.
How to Make a Watermelon Mojito
Here’s the step-by-step process to make a watermelon mint mojito:
STEP 1: Place 6-7 mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass.
STEP 2: Squeeze 1 fresh lime into your cocktail glass (about 2 tablespoons).
STEP 3: Add simple syrup and muddle all together with your muddler.
TIP: If you don’t have a muddler, it’s common for people to just use the back of a wooden spoon. It takes longer to muddle, but it’ll work. Make sure to spend a little extra time muddling the mint leaves because a wooden spoon has much less surface area.
STEP 4: Add 4-5 watermelon cubes and muddle into a puree. Here’s a great tutorial on how to cut a watermelon into cubes the easy way!
STEP 4: Pour in the light rum and stir well.
STEP 5: Fill your mason jar or glass with ice cubes.
STEP 6: Top with watermelon tonic or watermelon sparkling water.
STEP 7: Garnish with a mint sprig and watermelon slice or lime wedge.
Can I Make this as a Mocktail?
Absolutely! You can easily make this a virgin watermelon mojito recipe.
If you have a guest that prefers a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the rum and add an extra watermelon cube and fill with more watermelon sparkling water. Adjust sweetness by adding more or less simple sugar to meet your guest’s taste.
It’ll make a super refreshing drink even without the rum!
- Use Bacardi Watermelon Rum for even more watermelon flavor!
- Add more lime if you’d like this drink to taste less sweet. The acidic juice will tone it down.
A Watermelon Mojito is a great option for a refreshing cocktail on a hot day! The mint flavor is cool and delicious with fresh watermelon then dressed up with pretty garnish. This is a cocktail your friends and family will enjoy.
- 6 Mint Leaves
- 4 Fresh Watermelon Cubes
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces Light Rum
- Watermelon Flavored Sparkling Water
- Mint Sprig and Watermelon Slice for garnish
- Place 6 mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Squeeze 1 fresh lime into your cocktail glass (about 2 tablespoons).
- Add simple syrup and muddle together.
- Add 4 watermelon cubes and muddle into a puree.
- Pour in the light rum and stir well.
- Fill your mason jar or glass with ice cubes.
- Top with watermelon tonic or watermelon sparkling water.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and watermelon slice or lime wedge.
See recipe post for tips. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 159gFiber: 8gSugar: 97gProtein: 9g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.