Whip up this Grinch Cocktail for a festive cocktail perfect for the holiday season. Loaded with Midori liqueur, coconut rum, vodka, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda. Top off this green cocktail with a green sanding sugar rim and a maraschino cherry.
Mr. Grinch would approve of this Christmas cocktail!
This is the perfect cocktail recipe for your next Christmas party. A fun drink that offers fruity flavors for an easy cocktail for a crowd or for you and a friend.
Grinch theme cocktails are always a hit and are so much fun. This beloved Dr. Suess character is a classic for the holidays and this delicious recipe is perfect to celebrate with your friends and family.
Here’s where you can browse all my Christmas Cocktails for more drink recipes for your upcoming Christmas holiday party.
Why You’ll Love This Grinch Cocktail
- Bright green color cocktail with a red rim. Vibrant in color, and sweet to sip on.
- The red in the drink mimics the Grinch’s heart the classic original Grinch theme.
- A tasty drink that is easy to make and served over ice. Make a couple of glasses or a pitcher to serve a larger crowd.
- This Grinch drink is great for a Christmas celebration to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Leave out the alcohol to make a non-alcoholic drink.
More Grinch Recipes
Need more Grinch ideas to go with this green cocktail? Make it a full on Grinch themed party with all these goodies:
This Jack Frost Mimosa is gorgeous bright color full of coconut flavor too!
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Large Pitcher, Punch Bowl, or just a Cocktail Shaker if making a small batch.
- Cocktail Glasses
- Small Plate
MIDORI LIQUEUR: This is a green liquid that offers a melon liqueur flavor. It is a great color that gives you that bright green color.
COCONUT RUM: The coconut rum is going to compliment the other tropical flavors in this sweet fruity cocktail. Now you could use a white rum or a citrus rum if you need to.
VODKA: Reach for classic vodka to add a nice kick of booze.
PINEAPPLE JUICE: Reach for sweet and tangy pineapple juice to add even more fruit to the holiday cocktail.
LEMON LIME SODA: Lemon-lime soda is going to give the cocktail a fizzy carbonated twist. Ginger beer, ginger ale, or other lemon-lime-flavored sodas work. Or use sparkling water if you don’t want to use soda.
LIME: Use a lime wedges to wet the rim of glasses and then add a squeeze of lime juice for a nice citrus punch. Add a fresh lime wedge to garnish this gorgeous Christmas drink.
GREEN SUGAR: Green sanding sugar for rolling the rim of your glass to add that sweet and bright green color. If you can’t find green sanding sugar in the grocery stores, grab them on Amazon.
CHERRIES: Top your prepared glasses with ice, and cocktail mix and top with maraschino cherries for that bright red color as an accent, just like the Grinch’s heart!
GREEN FOOD COLORING (OPTIONAL): Once you add the pineapple juice into the mixture, it dilutes the green color of the Midori. The drink will have a yellowy-green color, but adding the green sanding sugar on the rim helps reflect more green color. If you want to add a pop of more color, add 1-2 drops of neon green coloring.
How to Make This Grinch Cocktail
Add all ingredients, excluding the cherries and sugar sprinkles, to a large drink pitcher. Mix well until fully combined.
Use a lime wedge to wet the rim or your cocktail glasses or dip them in simple syrup (see variations below for more options).
Then immediately place tumblers (upside down) in a small plate of green crystal sprinkles to create your rim.
Add ice to tumblers and pour cocktail mixture over top.
Garnish with a single cherry and lime wedge.
- Mix the ingredients really well before you pour them into the cocktail glass.
- This can be made into a large batch of Grinch punch, just make a double or triple the ingredients and pour it into a punch bowl for guests to ladle up.
- You can sweeten the cocktail with a simple syrup if you would like. Or you can add more lemon-lime soda to the drink recipe.
- Instead of Midori, you can use sour apple pucker schnapps for that green color for this Mr. Grinch themed drink.
- You can use simple syrup, corn syrup or honey around the rim of the glass to help ensure the sanding sugar sticks to the glass instead of using lime juice. All are great options.
Can I make a Non-Alcoholic Grinch Cocktail?
Yes, you can use more lemon-lime soda in replace of alcohol. Or you can swap it with a green fruit punch or Kool-Aid mix.
Can I Prepare this cocktail in Advance for a Party?
Yes you can make it ahead of time. But just make sure that you leave the lemon-lime soda out of the mixture until you are about to serve it.
How to Store Leftovers
If you do not drink all of the cocktail you can store it in the fridge for a couple of days. You will want to add additional soda to the drink once you go to drink it as will use the carbonation. It is best served fresh, but you can save the additional cocktail you do not drink.
This Grinch Cocktail is such an easy cocktail for the holiday season. It offers vibrant Christmas colors which makes it perfect for the time of year. Sip and create lasting memories with this easy Grinch punch recipe.
- 2 oz Midori Liqueur
- 2 oz Coconut Rum
- 2 oz Vodka
- 3 cups Pineapple Juice
- 4 cups Lemon Lime soda
- 1-2 drops Neon Green Food Coloring (optional)
- Simple Syrup or Lime Juice for rim
- Green crystal sprinkles
- Maraschino cherries
- Add all ingredients, excluding the cherries and sugar sprinkles, to a large drink pitcher. Mix well until fully combined.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim or your cocktail glasses or dip them in simple syrup (see variations below for more options).
- Then immediately place tumblers (upside down) in a small plate of green crystal sprinkles to create your rim.
- Add ice to tumblers and pour cocktail mixture over top.
- Garnish with a single cherry and lime wedge.
See recipe article for tips and variations. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 1gSugar: 62gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.