Enjoy a refreshing Watermelon Vodka Slush drink this summer. Made with fresh watermelon slices, sweet and sour margarita mix and vodka all blended into a delicious vodka slushie. This Watermelon Vodka Slushie drink is ideal for fun in the sun on hot summer days.
Looking for a delicious drink to serve at your summer parties? This Watermelon Vodka Slush recipe makes a cool cocktail for summer celebrations.
The sweet watermelon mixed with a premade lime and orange mixture is perfectly fruity and not overly sweet, making it the ultimate sipper of the season.The tart lime juice in contrast with sweet fruit is a nice pairing.
The best part? We’re getting our favorite slushy texture with out any ice cubes! So, the flavors in this juicy watermelon cocktail won’t get diluted. You’ll love the full, rich flavor of these vodka sour watermelon slushies.
I have to mention, if you love vodka slushies, try this Pineapple and Strawberry Vodka Slush too!
Can I Make it a Mocktail?
Yes! Watermelon slushies can easily be made without alcohol if that’s what you prefer. Simply replace the vodka with additional margarita mix.
Ninja Nutri Blender / Food Processor
All you need are a few simple ingredients to make a delicious watermelon slushie cocktail:
VODKA: Use your favorite vodka brand. It is best to chill your vodka so you have icy vodka to pour into the mixture.
MARGARITA MIX: I use Daily’s brand. It’s a pre-made sweet and sour mix made from lemon juice and lime juice with a non-alcoholic orange liqueur. The flavors of lemon, lime and orange juice create a perfect balance with the watermelon fruit juices.
FROZEN WATERMELON CHUNKS: Cut up a seedless watermelon into chunks or cubes and freeze. You’ll need 1 1/2 cups of watermelon chunks per drink.
WATERMELON SLICES: (Optional) If you want to add garnish, cut a few small watermelon slices to perch on the edge of the glass.
How to make a Watermelon Vodka Slush
One watermelon vodka slush coming up! Here are the step-by-step directions:
STEP 1: Cut fresh watermelon into cubes and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
STEP 2: Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until frozen.
Tip: Optionally, if you want to add watermelon slices for garnish, cut a few slices and set them in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve up this cocktail.
STEP 3: Add frozen watermelon cubes, pre-made mix and vodka into a high speed blender.
STEP 4: Pulse on high for 10-15 seconds or until you have the perfect slushy texture. Careful not to over blend, which is easy to do. Using the quick pulse lets you blend until slushy without over mixing.
STEP 5: Pour into a lowball glass.
STEP 6: Add a watermelon wedge for garnish if desired.
You can also serve fresh frozen watermelon chunks on the side. Add a few pieces of frozen watermelon to the stem of a drink umbrella or skewer onto cocktail picks.
There are quite a few variations you can make to this watermelon drink:
- Instead of using a margarita mix, you can use fresh fruit juices. Use fresh lime juice, lemon juice and orange juice. This allows you to make a fruit juice blend that matches your tastes.
- Substitute the premade mix with a premade tangy lemonade.
- If you want a sweeter watermelon slush, add a tablespoon of Simple Syrup before blending.
- Change out the liquor. This vodka watermelon slush works amazing with watermelon vodka, white rum or white tequila.
- You can use a variety of garnishes to add pizazz to the look of this vodka watermelon slushie. Try adding lime wheels or lemon twists.
How to Store Leftover Watermelon Chunks
You can store any left over watermelon chunks in a freezer-safe container in your freezer for a few months. This way you have frozen watermelon any time you want to make a Watermelon Vodka Slush.
More Cocktail Recipes to Love
This Watermelon Vodka Slush will have your taste buds dancing!
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz Margarita Mix
- 1.5 cups Frozen Watermelon Chunks
- Optional Garnish: Watermelon slices, lime slice, lemon slice, frozen watermelon chunks on cocktail picks.
- Cut fresh watermelon into cubes and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until frozen.
- Add frozen watermelon cubes, pre-made mix and vodka into a high speed blender.
- Pulse on high for 10-15 seconds or until you have the perfect slushy texture.
- Pour into a lowball glass.
- Add a watermelon wedge for garnish (optional)
See recipe post for several variations! Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.