Try out this fall spin on this Cranberry Apple Margarita. Fall flavors in each sip, made with cranberry juice, apple cider, tequila, and triple sec.
Top the glass with a cinnamon stick and an apple slice for a festive drink for the fall and winter months.
Happy hour just got a bit sweeter. While we love the classic margarita, there is always room for a cranberry cocktail in my books.
Fall cocktails are one of my favorite things and this festive holiday cocktail is too good to pass up.
This Cranberry Margarita recipe is refreshing and full of fall flavors. You can make it as sweet or as tart as you like to match your tastes!
Need more cranberry cocktails? Be sure to check out my Cranberry Orange Mimosa, Crown and Cranberry, or this delicious Cranberry Sangria recipe, which are all perfect for the holiday season that is fast approaching.
Why You’ll Love These Cranberry Apple Margaritas
- A very popular and easy cranberry apple cocktail.
- The perfect balance of tangy, sweet, and tart.
- This would make a great Thanksgiving margarita or holiday parties you have planned. Definitely add this recipe to your Thanksgiving menu!
- A festive cocktail you can easily make for yourself or for a large group.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and apple slices, a cinnamon stick, lime wedge, or more for a gorgeous cocktail.
If you want the freshest flavor for your cocktails or simply on it’s own for a fall drink, start with this homemade Apple Cider Recipe.
More Fall Cocktail Recipes
What Kind of Tequila is Best for a Cranberry Apple Margarita?
Use a smooth blanco or white tequila. The higher quality tequila, the better your cocktail will taste.
A reposado tequila will also work well as it usually has sweeter notes than blanco tequila.
Stay away from spicy or gold tequilas, as their distinct flavor will overpower the flavor of the fruit juices.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
These easy cranberry margaritas only need a few kitchen tools to make this favorite cocktail:
- Cocktail Shaker
- Margarita Glass
- 2 Small plates
All you need are a few simple ingredients:
TEQUILA: Blanco tequila or silver tequila both work fantastic for this cocktail.
CRANBERRY JUICE: You can reach for a classic tart cranberry juice or a cran-apple juice for a sweeter taste to the cocktail.
TRIPLE SEC: This will add a splash of citrus to the drink and balance flavors.
APPLE CIDER: The apple cider is a game changer in this cranberry apple cider margaritas recipe. It adds the needed sweetness, without being overly sweet.
SIMPLE SYRUP OR LIGHT CORN SYRUP: Dip the rim of the glass in the syrup to get the brown sugar to stick to the rim.
BROWN SUGAR: You’ll use the brown sugar to rim the glass for a super sweet twist.
GARNISH: An apple slice and a cinnamon stick are the perfect garnish for this drink.
How to Make a Cranberry Apple Margarita
STEP 1: Add simple sugar (or light corn syrup) to a small plate. In a separate small plate add your brown sugar.
STEP 2: Coat the rim of your glass with simple sugar then roll the rim in the brown sugar.
STEP 3: Add a few ice cubes to your margarita glass.
STEP 4: In a cocktail shaker, pour in the tequila, triple sec, pure cranberry juice and apple cider. Add a handful of ice.
STEP 5: Shake well until the outside of the cocktail shaker is frosty.
STEP 6: Strain into your prepared cocktail glass.
STEP 7: Garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients into a large glass and stir well to fully incorporate the ingredients. Then pour into your margarita glass.
- If the cranberry apple margarita is too tart for your tastes, sweeten the drink with a little simple syrup.
- If you don’t have triple sec on hand, use a splash of orange juice or an another orange liqueur.
- I’m using brown sugar for the rim of the glass but you can also use classic sugar.
- For a twist of tang, you can use slices of lime or lemon juice to run along the glass before you roll in brown sugar for a tangy and sweet twist.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs for a gorgeous compliment to the perfect drink. The aroma adds another dimension to the cocktail.
- Top off your drink with an ounce of ginger beer for an added spicy and tangy kick.
Can I use Cranberry Juice Cocktail Instead of Pure Cranberry Juice?
Cranberry juice cocktail contains added sugar and other flavors of juice. Where pure cranberry juice has a tart flavor.
So if you use it for your cocktail, just know it will be a lot sweeter.
But yes, either juice or cocktail can be used. It all depends on how sweet you want your cranberry apple margarita.
Can I make a Pitcher of Cranberry Apple Margaritas for a Crowd?
Add all the ingredients to fit the number of servings you want, in a large pitcher.
Mix it up with a spoon and then begin pouring into your rimed and iced glasses.
Go right ahead and make as many or as few as you would like.
How to Store Leftovers
This drink is best served fresh. But if you don’t drink it all I recommend storing it in a sealed container in the fridge for a day or two.
If you have ice in the container it will water down the drink of course. Then you can add added juice and apple cider to liven up the drink again.
This Cranberry Apple Margarita will be one your favorite cocktails for the fall season, as well as winter. Serve it up for Thanksgiving to Christmas and enjoy this festive time of the year!
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 2 ounces Cranberry Juice
- 2 ounces Apple Cider
- 1 ounce Triple Sec
- Simple Sugar (for rim)
- Brown Sugar (for rim)
- Apple Slice (garnish)
- Cinnamon Stick (garnish)
- Add simple sugar (or light corn syrup) to a small plate. In a separate small plate add your brown sugar.
- Coat the rim of your glass with simple sugar then roll the rim in the brown sugar.
- Add a few ice cubes to your margarita glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, pour in the tequila, triple sec, pure cranberry juice and apple cider. Add a handful of ice.
- Shake well until the outside of the cocktail shaker is frosty.
- Strain into your prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
See recipe post for tips and variations. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 45g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.