Air Fryer Monkey Bread is one of my go-to breakfast and brunch recipes. It is an easy way to feed your family with a delicious air fryer pastry.
This air fryer monkey bread has a crisp and flavorful outer crust with a perfectly tender and delicious middle.
It makes the perfect breakfast treat or dessert and my family can’t get enough of them.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Monkey Bread
- This is one of those easy recipes with such simple ingredients you’ll be shocked you haven’t been making it your whole life!
- With only five ingredients, this air fryer monkey bread recipe is about to become one of your new favorite things to make.
- This sticky bread covered in a cinnamon sugar mixture and doused in a buttery brown sugar sauce is enough to make any mouth water.
- This only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and another 10 minutes to cook.
- This is a fun way to involve the kids in cooking! They will love shaking the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture, drizzling the brown sugar mixture over top, and especially digging into this yummy finger food!
- Because these are cooked in muffin tins instead of all together, they are already pre-portioned out for everyone to enjoy!
For a super quick and delicious breakfast you can make these Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls too!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Love
Kitchen Equipment You’ll Need
- Gallon Plastic Bag
- Silicone Muffin Liners (here are the ones I’m using from Amazon)
- Oil Cooking Spray
- Air Fryer
- Small Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
CANS OF BUTTERMILK BISCUITS: While you could make homemade biscuit dough this pull-apart bread works so great with the kind you find at the grocery store.
SUGAR: This is half of the cinnamon sugar mixture that will turn basic biscuit dough into cinnamon monkey bread.
GROUND CINNAMON: Cinnamon is strong, so you don’t need much to combine with the sugar.
BUTTER: Melt the butter down to help flavor and crisp up this delicious treat.
BROWN SUGAR: Brown sugar is the perfect topping to this air fryer monkey bread. You can use light brown sugar or dark, both work great.
How to Make Air Fryer Monkey Bread
STEP 1: Pull biscuit dough apart and cut it into quarters.
STEP 2: Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a gallon bag.
STEP 3: Spray your jumbo silicone muffin liners with non-stick spray.
STEP 4: Put 1/4 of the dough balls into the cinnamon sugar bag and shake to coat.
STEP 5: Pull them out and put them into the muffin liner, filling it 3/4 full.
STEP 6: Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all your biscuit pieces are coated.
STEP 7: Combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Drizzle 2 tbsp over the biscuit pieces and allow it to soak in.
STEP 8: Place the muffin liners in an air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until they are cooked through and the tops are slightly crispy.
STEP 9: Remove from the air fryer and allow them to cool before removing them from the cupcake liner.
STEP 10: Drizzle any remaining sauce over the top and serve.
Variations and Substitutions
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can throw the bite-size pieces of dough in a baking pan, round cake pan, or small bundt pan and bake them in the oven.
- These would also work with the dough from cinnamon rolls! Follow the same directions listed above.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar for an extra sweet topping.
How do you Store and Reheat Monkey Bread?
You can store leftover air fryer monkey bread in an airtight container or wrapped in tin foil or plastic wrap.
They can be stored in a fridge for up to five days or at room temperature for up to three. You can reheat them in the oven or the air fryer. I wouldn’t use a microwave, breads can turn a bit rubbery in the microwave.
When Should I Serve Monkey Bread?
All of the time, right? You can have it any time, but it is often used as a breakfast or brunch side. It is also common to have as a treat at Easter or Christmas.
The air fryer has won again with this delicious monkey bread. With individual muffin size servings, it is ready to serve and be enjoyed by everyone.
- 2 cans of Buttermilk Biscuits (7.5 ounce 10 count can)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- Pull biscuit dough apart and cut it into quarters.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a gallon bag.
- Spray your jumbo silicone muffin liners with non-stick spray.
- Put 1/4 of the dough balls into the cinnamon sugar bag and shake to coat.
- Pull them out and put them into the muffin liner, filling it 3/4 full.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all your biscuit pieces are coated.
- Combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Drizzle 2 tbsp over the biscuit pieces and allow it to soak in.
- Place the muffin liners in an air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until they are cooked through and the tops are slightly crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow them to cool before removing them from the cupcake liner.
- Drizzle any remaining sauce over the top and serve.
See recipe post for tips and variations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 39gSugar: 28g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.