Air Fryer French Toast is a classic breakfast dish and now you make this easy recipe in the air fryer. A delicious thick slice of french bread dipped in egg and toasted to a golden brown is a great way to start the day.
A delicious breakfast is the most important meal of the day! So, why not start off with this scrumptious Air Fryer French Toast recipe? No need to save this for a special occasion, this classic french toast is quick and easy to make any weekday.
With a hint of sweetness, a crispy exterior, it’s the best way to make French toast. Now, there’s no need to stand over a hot griddle to cook it!
I’ve loved the Air Fryer for so many chicken recipes, snacks, main dishes, and even desserts, but this French Toast has me thinking about all the Air Fryer breakfast possibilities! The ideas for delicious recipes are endless.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer French Toast
One thing I really I love about this French Toast is that it uses all pantry staple ingredients and is versatile enough that you can swap ingredients easily.
- This Air Fryer French Toast recipe is quick breakfast dish and it’s the perfect recipe to make a double batch to feed a crowd.
- You’ll love the a crispy exterior and soft, fluffy interior.
- You can use any type of bread you like. This is also a great way to use up that stale bread or few day old bread that is sitting in the cupboard.
- The air fryer is easy to clean, making this recipe a hassle-free breakfast option.
- Frees up the stove so you can make other dishes such as sausage or eggs.
Craving more tantalizing air fryer breakfast recipes? You’re going to love these Air Fryer Eggs that turn out perfectly sunny side up every time!
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer
- Large bowl (deep enough to dip the bread slices)
All you need are a few simple ingredients:
FRENCH BREAD: I enjoy a good French Bread French Toast! Use a loaf of French bread that is a day old. You can easily swap this out for another type of bread, like brioche bread, challah bread,Texas toast, or sourdough. Hearty, thick bread is the best bread for French Toast. I don’t recommend thin white bread.
EGGS: I use both the egg yolk and the egg whites.
MILK: Whole milk is great for this, but use whatever you have on hand. Buttermilk is another alternative that really enhances the flavor. And, of course, dairy-free milk alternatives, such as oat milk or soy milk will work as well if needed.
BROWN SUGAR AND CINNAMON: These two things are what turn that regular bread slice into a slice of magic! Vary the amounts as you see fit.
VANILLA EXTRACT: Vanilla extract really helps give this French Toast that extra hint of sweetness you’ve grown to love.
How to Make Air Fryer French Toast Recipe
STEP 1: Start by slicing your French bread into 6 or 8 slices.
STEP 2: Grab a mixing bowl that’s large enough to dip and fully coat your bread in and add the eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk it all together.
STEP 3: Take a piece of bread and place it in the egg mixture and allow the slice of bread to soak in the mixture on each side for 20 seconds. Make sure to cover the edges as well.
STEP 4: Preheat the Air Fryer to 375F for 3 minutes while you finish any prep for the french toast.
STEP 5: If using, add your parchment paper liner in and add as many eggy bread slices into the Air Fryer basket that you can fit without overcrowding it. Always make sure the bread slices are placed in a single layer.
STEP 6: Air fry the French toast for 8 minutes at 375 degrees F. Then, use tongs to flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes to get the perfect crispiness.
TIP: Cook time may vary depending on your air fryer model, so keep an eye on your food.
- Don’t overcrowd or stack your bread in the Air Fryer. It needs enough room between bread slices to circulate the hot air so it cooks evenly and thoroughly all the way through.
- If making a large batch of French Toast, you may need to work in multiple batches. Place your cooked french toast on a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- If you want an even crispier air fryer french toast, lightly spray with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
What Toppings Can You Add?
While this French Toast in the Air Fryer is perfect just how it is, if you’re looking to jazz it up when serving, here are some delicious topping choices to try:
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Fruit
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Powdered Sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar
One of my favorite toppings to use is this homemade Brown Sugar Syrup. It tastes amazing on French toast!
How to Store
If you have leftover amazing French Toast, you can store it wrapped in plastic wrap once it has cooled down. Then wrap in aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
You can also freeze your French Toast for later by using parchment paper or wax paper to separate each piece of toast in a freezer safe container before freezing. Use them within 2-3 months.
How to Reheat
To reheat your French Toast, warm it up, just like you cooked it. Preheat the fryer for 3 minutes at 375F and then cook for 3 minutes before checking to see if it needs more time to be warmed through.
I don’t recommend reheating in the microwave as the bread will become rubbery. The air fryer will crisp it back up, making the outside a crunchy french toast while keeping the soft bread underneath the crust.
This Air Fryer French Toast really is one of those super easy Air Fryer recipes that is a great option for busy mornings.
- 1 loaf French Bread (best if at least one day old.), sliced into 6 - 8 slices.
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Slice your french bread into 6 or 8 slices.
- In a large bowl (large enough to dip and coat your slice), add your eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk together.
- Place your french bread in the egg mixture. Allow it to soak on each side, and edges for at least 20 seconds.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Once ready to cook, line your air fryer with parchment paper or my favorite silicone liner. Add as many slices as possible of French toast you can fit without overcrowding.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, flip, and finish the other side for 3 minutes.
- Once done, serve warm! Perfect toppings are fresh fruit, whipped cream, or maple syrup.
See recipe post for variations and tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.