This Peppermint Mudslide is a delicious cocktail for the holiday season. Made with Bailey’s Irish cream liqueur, vodka, ice cream and a hint of flavors of peppermint, this creamy chocolate mudslide recipe is full of holiday spirit.
Garnished with candy canes, it’s the cutest holiday cocktail.
This Peppermint Mudslide recipe is one of my favorite cocktails with peppermint schnaps! It’s a fun twist on the classic frozen mudslide but with a added flavors for a holiday spin.
Mudslide cocktails are always popular, so serve this up for your friends and family for an easy, but impressive drink!
This peppermint mudslide cocktail is perfect for an after dinner drink…. Believe me, it’s so good, you’ll want to skip dessert!
If you love cocktails made with Bailey’s, this Drunken Snowman, Dirty Monkey and Dirty Banana are a similar boozy milkshakes with a few delicious additional flavors worthy of serving up for the holidays or all year long.
For more ideas, browse all of our Christmas Cocktails!
Why You’ll Love this Peppermint Mudslide
- It’s the perfect dessert cocktail
- Bailey’s cocktails are rich and full of flavor.
- This Christmas mudslide cocktail is a delightfully boozy milkshake.
- It’s an easy cocktail to make, simply toss all the ingredients in a blender.
More Delicious Drink Recipes
All these cocktail recipes are an indulgent treat perfect for when your sweet tooth is craving a boozy creamy cocktail:
- Measuring cup
- Shot glass
- Cocktail glass
VANILLA ICE CREAM: This makes this alcoholic milkshake recipe extra creamy. We’re using ice cream in lieu of heavy cream found in most mudslide recipes for a thicker texture.
BAILEYS IRISH CREAM: A a sweet, creamy liqueur with a silky-smooth texture and velvety richness. Its taste like chocolate, with hints of Irish whiskey. Cream liqueurs are the best for dessert cocktails!
KAHLUA: A coffee liqueur with flavors of coffee, caramel, vanilla, coffee, and chocolate.
VODKA: Use your favorite regular vodka. The better the vodka, the smoother this Irish cream milkshake will taste.
PEPPERMINT SCHNAPPS: A sweet minty flavor. It is made from a combination of peppermint extract, sugar and alcohol.
GARNISHES: Chocolate syrup for inside the glass, whipped cream for topping, crushed peppermint candy and small candy canes.
How to Make a Peppermint Mudslide
Here are the easy step-by-step directions to make the perfect drink:
First, crush a few peppermint candies or a candy cane. Place the candy canes in a plastic ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush into small pieces. You can also buy crushed peppermint to skip this process for an even easier cocktail.
Add to your blender, the vanilla ice cream, vodka, peppermint schnapps, Baileys, and Kahlua. Blend until smooth.
Next, take your drink glass and add a swirl of chocolate sauce around the inside of the glass. If you want, you can also rim the glass with the chocolate syrup.
Pour the blended mudslide into the glass.
Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a few sprinkles of crushed peppermint.
Finish it off with a small candy cane for a cute garnish (optional)
There are a few variations you can use to create this Peppermint Mudslide:
- Instead of peppermint schnapps, use a peppermint vodka.
- Serve it in a smaller glass, like a martini glass, for an indulgent drink that won’t fill you up.
- Substitute ice cream with a heavy cream, but you’ll need a fair amount to get the right texture and you’ll need to add ice to the blender.
- Add chocolate syrup to the rim of the glass and roll it in crushed peppermint for a different garnish.
This Peppermint Mudslide is a great holiday cocktail. It’s refreshing, creamy and delicious. An easy to make mudslide recipe with a perfect balance of sweet peppermint flavor and creamy indulgence that pairs nicely with many other holiday treats. It’s s an excellent way to get festive with an easy recipe!.
- 3 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 ounces of Baileys Irish Cream
- 1.5 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- ½ ounce Peppermint Schnapps
- Chocolate Syrup (for drizzling inside the glass)
- Whipped cream (for topping)
- ¼ cup crushed candy canes (optional garnish)
- Small Candy Canes (optional garnish)
- First, crush a few peppermint candies or a candy cane. Place the candy canes in a plastic ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush into small pieces. You can also buy crushed peppermint to skip this process for an even easier cocktail.
- Add to your blender, the vanilla ice cream, Bailey's, vodka, Kahlua and peppermint schnapps. Blend until smooth.
- Next, take your drink glass and add a swirl of chocolate sauce around the inside of the glass.
- Pour the blended mudslide into the glass.
- Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a few sprinkles of crushed peppermint.
- Finish it off with a small candy cane for a cute garnish (optional)
See recipe post for variations. Please Drink Responsibly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 108gFiber: 2gSugar: 87gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.