This Sugar Cookie Martini is a decadent and festive cocktail perfect for Christmas celebrations. Made with vanilla vodka, Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur, and Amaretto, the flavors meld together to taste like Christmas cookies, but much more fun in a cocktail form!
Love a decadent Christmas martini? This Sugar Cookie Martini recipe is fun and festive for the holidays and if you love sugar cookies, then you’ll love this sugar cookie cocktail!
It’s easy to whip up this sweet cocktail for the holiday season with just a few simple ingredients. Instead of serving up a time-consuming dessert, treat your friends and family to a dessert drink instead!
This is a great cocktail for your next holiday party, a holiday happy hour or a night around the Christmas tree.
Why You’ll Love These Sugar Cookie Martini
- A decadent dessert martini that will get you into the holiday spirit.
- This Christmas cookie martini is the perfect dessert cocktail to serve up for an after-dinner treat to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth cravings.
- It’s easy to make in just a minute or two. A great way to throw a drink together for unexpected guests.
- Great for other holidays such as Valentine’s Day – just change out the sprinkles.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini Glasses
- Shot Glass
- Butter Knife
- Shallow Plate
VODKA: Vanilla vodka adds the signature flavor to the Christmas cookie cocktail.
BAILEYS: This Irish cream liqueur adds a boozy sweet flavor.
AMARETTO: The amaretto offers an almond flavor to the martini recipe and a punch of boozy flavor.
COFFEE CREAMER: Vanilla coffee creamer is my secret ingredient for getting that rich Christmas sugar cookie flavor to this festive martini.
HALF AND HALF: For the creamy texture I’m using for half and half. A little will really enhance the texture and cocktail taste. You can also use heavy cream.
FROSTING: Use a butter knife to spread the vanilla frosting around the rim, allowing the Christmas-themed sprinkles to stick perfectly to the edge of the glass.
SPRINKLES: Add Christmas candy sprinkles to the rim of your martini glass. It makes a stunning presentation and adds a touch of sweetness.
ICE: Add ice cubes to to your cocktail shaker to chill this fun drink.
How to Make Sugar Cookie Martini
1. Use a butter knife to coat the rim of a martini glass with icing. Then roll the rim of your glass into the Christmas sprinkles.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
3. Pour in the vanilla vodka, Baileys, and Amaretto.
4. Add the vanilla creamer and half & half.Place lid on your cocktail shaker and shake until the outside is frosty.
5. Strain the cocktail mixture into your prepared martini glass.
Here are a few tips to make the best sugar cookie martini:
- Use a small plate to hold the sprinkles, making it easier to dip the frosted prepared glass rim.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker you can use a mason jar with lid.
- Save a few calories and use a sugar-free vanilla coffee creamer.
- Whole milk can be used in replace of half and half. Or if needed, use a dairy alternative to create a non-dairy option. Note: Milk will not be as creamy.
- Instead of using frosting for the rim of the glass, you can use corn syrup or simple syrup.
- Use whipped cream vodka instead of vanilla vodka.
- If you’re using regular vodka, add a small amount of vanilla liqueur to get the signature sugar cookie martini flavor.
- Replace Bailey’s for a white chocolate liqueur. Or add a twist of flavor with butterscotch schnapps.
- Use rainbow sprinkles to create a birthday-themed cocktail or any color sprinkles to match your celebration.
Can I Make a Non-Alcoholic Christmas Cookie Martini?
If you want to make this non-alcoholic for holiday parties for kids. You can swap the alcohol with cream soda and then use chocolate syrup to drizzle in the glass for added sweetness.
Can I Make a Large Batch for a Party?
Go right ahead and grab a pitcher to make a larger batch. Just measure out how much you need of each ingredient for how many servings you are making.
Stir up the cocktail well before you pour it into the martini glasses.
How to Store Leftovers
While this cocktail is best served fresh you can store the leftover mixture of the cocktail in the fridge in a sealed container. Shake up the mixture before pouring to make sure all the flavors are fully incorporated.
More Delicious Christmas Cocktails
Here are several more creamy holiday cocktails:
Enjoy this sweet and creamy Sugar Cookie Martini through out the holiday season.
- 2 ounces Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 2 ounces Vanilla Vodka
- 2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ounce Amaretto
- 1 ounce Half and Half
- Vanilla Icing
- Christmas sprinkles
- Ice Cubes
- Use a butter knife to coat the rim of a martini glass with icing. Then roll the rim of your glass into the Christmas sprinkles.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Pour in the vanilla vodka, Baileys, and Amaretto.
- Add the vanilla creamer and half & half.
- Place lid on your cocktail shaker and shake until the outside is frosty.
- Strain the cocktail mixture into your prepared martini glass.
See recipe post for tips and variations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.