Wondering how to make the best Frozen Potato Skins in the Air Fryer? Well, look no further because I’m here to tell you all about taking the boxed frozen potato skins you can buy at the store and making them perfectly just like you’d get them at a restaurant, fried or baked in the oven.
There’s something so comforting and delicious about potato skins. They’re filling, you can doctor them up to exactly how you like them, and man, are they just the perfect finger food (or be fancy with a fork and knife) to enjoy while watching the big game, as a tasty snack, or for a hearty appetizer.
The Air Fryer is such an amazing kitchen gadget. I’m starting to forget what I used to do without it. It’s so easy to whip up some of the best fried recipes without all the guilt you get from deep frying them.
If you’re interested in more potato dishes, try these Air Fryer Diced Potatoes or Air Fryer Rosemary Potatoes for delicious side dishes.
How Long Should I put Frozen Potato Skins in the Air Fryer?
After spraying with a non-stick cooking spray and pre-heating your air fryer to 365 degrees, cook the frozen potato skins for 5 minutes. If needed, add 1-2 additional minutes to reach desired crispiness.
If you were to make homemade potato skins in a conventional oven it would take almost 2 hours and frozen potato skins take about 21 minutes. The air fryer cuts the cook time down to just 5 minutes!
Have you tried our Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings ? Really all my wings are made in the air fryer now, so easy and full of flavor and make for a delicious appetizer!
I also whipped up some Frozen Toasted Ravioli too- where it’s still frozen, like these potato skins, and then we air fry them to a golden brown perfection. Trust me, you can’t go wrong with any of these easy Air Fryer recipes!
Why You’ll Love Frozen Potato Skins in the Air Fryer
- You’ll be munching on one of your favorite appetizers in under 10 minutes! SUPER QUICK!
- You get nice crispy potato skins every time! Air frying truly is the best way.
- This perfect appetizer is incredibly easy- you literally only need the frozen potatoes, your Air Fryer and some nonstick cooking spray.
- Party appetizer – check! No need to go out on the game day, especially during football season, you can make these and all the other amazing Air Fryer appetizers at home!
- This great side dish pairs amazingly well with Air Fryer Chicken Burgers! Don’t worry, I won’t tell if you make a whole spread out of air-fried food!
- Super easy ways to doctor up those TGIF potato skins, or your favorite brand of frozen potato skins you have had taking up space in the freezer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Frozen Potato Skins in Air Fryer Ingredients
All you need are 2 simple ingredients!
BOX OF FROZEN POTATO SKINS: Use your favorite brand of frozen skins. TGI Fridays Potato Skins are a common brand, but you can get your store brand too.
NONSTICK COOKING SPRAY: You’ll use this to help your skin jackets crispy up nicely.
Cooking Frozen Potato Skin Recipe Instructions
STEP 1: Preheat the Air Fryer to 365 degrees F for 1 minute.
STEP 2: Spray the Air Fryer basket with non-stick cooking oil. Canola oil or olive oil spray works perfectly. If desired you can place parchment paper or aluminum foil in the basket to help make clean up easier.
STEP 3: Place the potato skins in the Air Fryer basket of the preheated Air Fryer, being careful not to crowd or stack them. Only put them in a single layer, cook in multiple batches if necessary depending on the size and type of your Air Fryer.
STEP 4: Set cook time for 3 minutes.
STEP 5: Using a pair of tongs or spatula, rearrange the potato skins, so they’ll cook evenly.
STEP 6: Cook for another 2 minutes and check for doneness. You should have melted cheese that’s just starting to brown and the skins should be nice and crispy. If needed, increase cooking time for 1-2 additional minutes until they are ready.
STEP 7: Serve with your favorite toppings or dipping sauces.
How to Store Air Fryer Frozen Potato Skins
Any leftover potato skins should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Frozen Potato Skins in the Air Fryer
For best results, pop your leftover skins back on the Air Fryer tray or in the basket at 35o degrees F (pre-heated) for 3-4 minutes. Check on the warmth of the food and adjust as necessary.
What Toppings Can You Add?
If you’re looking for more of your favorite toppings on your store-bought potato skins, here are some ideas to add to make them loaded potato skins:
- Add sour cream.
- Chives or Green Onions.
- More Cheddar Cheese (you can’t really have too much cheese!)
- Serving with dipping sauce such as ketchup or ranch dressing is also tasty.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the Air Fryer basket. It works by circulating the hot air around the food to cook it evenly. If you place your food too close together it will not cook everything the same.
- You can use aluminum foil or parchment paper with holes in the bottom to help catch some of the crumbs and to make clean up easier.
- This recipe recommends preheating the Air Fryer for a minute. Don’t skip this step, it will help get your potato skins to the right texture with optimum amounts of crispy skins.
Taking Frozen Potato Skins in Air Fryer and turning them into luscious potato skins full of soft, fluffy, tender potato insides with melty cheese and all your favorite toppings is an easy appetizer hack! Everyone will think they’re as yummy as homemade potato skins!
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Skins
Wondering how to make the best Frozen Potato Skins in the Air Fryer? Well, look no further because I'm here to tell you all about taking the boxed frozen potato skins you can buy at the store and making them perfectly just like you'd get them at a restaurant, fried or baked in the oven.
- 1 box Frozen Potato Skins (TGI Friday's contains approx. 8 potato skins)
- Non-stick Oil Cooking Spray (olive oil or canola oil)
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 365 F for 1 minute.
- Spray the Air Fryer basket with non-stick cooking oil. (you can also use parchment paper or aluminum foil in the basket to help make clean up easier).
- Place the potato skins in the Air Fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air Fry for 3 minutes.
- Using a pair of tongs or spatula, rearrange the potato skins so they'll cook evenly.
- Air Fry for another 2 minutes and check for doneness. You should have melted cheese that's just starting to brown and the skins should be nice and crispy. If needed, cook for 1-2 additional minutes until they reach the desired crispiness.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and dipping sauces such as: sour cream, chives, ketchup or ranch dressing.
See recipe post for tips and topping ideas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.