Fuzzy Navel Jello Shots are a fruity jello shot recipe made with Peach Schnapps, orange juice, and topped with the classic peach ring. These yummy peach flavored jello shots are perfect for a summer party or a game day tailgating event.
Fair warning if you love peach this will be an instant party favorite of yours. These Fuzzy Navel Jello Shots are too much fun to pass up on.
You’ve got to serve these up at your next party!
With simple ingredients and a little prep, that’s all it takes to transform this jello mixture into a classic party jello shot.
Why You’ll Love Fuzzy Navel Jello Shots
- Easy to Make and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve them up.
- These jello shots have a tropical flavor which is perfect for spring and summer entertaining.
- Party approved for grown up celebrations.
- Tastes so much like your favorite Fuzzy Navel cocktails!
What is Peach Schnapps?
If you haven’t had Peach Schnapps, you’re in for a treat!
Peach Schnapps is a sweet liqueur made from distilled peach juice or peach flavoring, often with added sugar and other flavors.
Peach Schnapps tastes like a symphony of peachy goodnes fruity bliss. No wonder it’s so yummy in fuzzy navel jello shots!
More Jello Shot Recipes To Love
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Whisk or Wooden Spoon
- Plastic Jello Shot Cups – I use these 2 ounce plastic shot cups that come with lids.
- Baking Sheet or Cookie Sheet
ORANGE JUICE: The orange juice is going to really enhance the flavor of this jello shot. Instead of water we’re use orange juice which is going to enrich the flavor tremendously. Be sure to use pulp free orange juice.
PEACH SCHNAPPS: Use one cup Peach Schnapps to give that classic Fuzzy Navel flavor you know and love.
KNOX GELATIN: Reach for unflavored gelatin for the base of these jello shots. We’ll need 2 envelopes of Knox gelatin. Note: your local grocery store my have their own brand of unflavored gelatin which works perfect too.
PEACH RINGS: Peach O’s are going to be the garnish for the top of each jello shot. With one glance everyone will know that these are peach flavored from the classic peach gummy candy.
How to Make Fuzzy Navel Jello Shots
A fuzzy navel jello shot is actually one of the easier jello shot recipes! Here’s the step-by-step instructions:
STEP 1: Place your plastic shot cups on a cookie sheet or baking pan and set it aside. This just helps make it easily to move in and out of the fridge.
STEP 2: Next you will place a medium saucepan on the stove and add pour in 2 cups of orange juice and two envelopes of Knox gelatin. Heat over medium until it is steamy. You don’t want it to boil.
STEP 3: Remove the saucepan from the heat and set on a hot pad or kitchen towel. Mix the orange juice and gelatin together until the jello is completely dissolved.
TIP: It’s easiest to use a whisk to make sure all the powder dissolves easily.
STEP 4: Stir in the remaining orange juice and Peach Schnapps.
STEP 5: Add your jello mixture to each shot cup (fill about 3/4 full to leave space for garnish) and place shots in the refrigerator until the jello is set up. This takes approximately 2-4 hours.
STEP 6: Right before serving top with a Peach Ring or a fresh peach slice.
Variations and Tips For Success
- Swap out the Schnapps with peach vodka, white rum, peach flavored Crown Royal, etc. You can swap the alcohol with your personal preference.
- Placing the cups in on a baking sheet or in a pan helps to create a flat surface that you can move and place in the fridge easily.
- Instead of a peach candy ring you can top with a gummy bear, canned peach slices, fresh peach slices, dollop of whipped cream, or maraschino cherry for top of the shots.
- Note: if you use canned or fresh peach slices for garnish, be sure to pat dry with a paper towel first as they will drip juice all down the sides of the shot cup.
- You can substitute Knox gelatin with a box of orange jello, but still use the orange juice instead of boiling water. They’ll taste more like fresh orange fruit than the slightly off flavor of orange jello.
If you’re taking these with you to a party, add the lids on top of the plastic cups for easy transport.
Once you arrive, then you add the garnish before serving.
Storing Jello Shots
You can store your jello shots in the fridge with the lids on the individual shot cups. The shots will store for up to 3 days.
Just leave off the garnish until you are ready to serve. The sugar can melt or peach slices will begin to brown if you place it on top of the jello shots ahead of time.
Can I Freeze Jello Shots
I know we all want our jello shots to set up faster, but freezing jello shots actually changes the texture of the jello shots and they will not defrost well.
When you freeze jello shots they become almost gooey and don’t hold their structure.
Can I add Additional Alcohol to Jello Shots?
A full cup of peach Schnapps is going to be the most you want to add to the jello shots.
You will find that if you add too much alcohol it will cause the gelatin to not set up properly.
If you want a stronger flavor, reach for a stronger alcohol to swap in. A cup of vodka works well. If you use vodka, go with a peach flavored vodka so you keep the peach flavor.
Can I use Sunny D instead of orange juice?
I have not tried using Sunny D, but I do not see why it would not work.
Just swap out the Sunny D with the orange juice and prepare the jell-o shots the same way. It should provide a similar flavor.
How Long Can Jello Shots Stay at Room Temperature?
You can leave your shots out for up to two hours. At the two hour mark I recommend placing the jello back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Then you can bring the shots back out to serve.
This is a lighter jello shot compared to a vodka or tequila style shot, but it still packs a nice punch.
Grab your shot glasses and whip up this peach flavored boozy party treat. These Fuzzy Navel Jello Shots will disappear quickly and become an instant favorite.
- 3 cups Orange Juice, divided
- 1 cup Peach Schnapps
- 2 envelopes Knox Gelatin
- 16 Peach O’s candies (Peach Rings)
- Place your plastic shot cups on a cookie sheet or baking pan and set it aside. This just helps make it easily to move in and out of the fridge.
- Next you will place a medium saucepan on the stove and add pour in 2 cups of orange juice and two envelopes of Knox gelatin. Heat over medium until it is steamy. You don't want it to boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set on a hot pad or kitchen towel. Mix the orange juice and gelatin together until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Stir in the remaining orange juice and Peach Schnapps.
- Add your jello mixture to each shot cup (fill about 3/4 full to leave space for garnish) and place shots in the refrigerator until the jello is set up. This takes approximately 2-4 hours.
- Right before serving top with a Peach Ring or a fresh peach slice.
See recipe post for variations and tips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.