These Red White and Blue Jello Shots are always fun party drinks! These delicious 4th of July jello shots are made with strawberry jello and berry blue jello for a fun patriotic jello shot. Then topped with whipped cream and festive sprinkles to delight your friends and family.
Fantastic jello shots for the 4th of July or Memorial Day. Heck, whip up a batch for Flag day too! These are too fun and festive not to serve several times a year.
Summer is here and it’s time to break out the jello shots! Let’s get adventurous and wow your friends with these gorgeous Red White and Blue Jello Shots for your next patriotic party.
Layered shots are fun and gorgeous, just like these liquid Red White and Blue Shots that go down super smooth.
Want to mix it up and go extra patriotic? Serve up these Blue Raspberry Jello Shots and these red Malibu Watermelon Jello Shots. You’ll have a variety of fun flavors and a table full of red white and blue jello shots!
These layered jello shots are like mini pieces of art! And everyone goes crazy for them at 4th of July and Memorial Day get-togethers. They do take a little more work, but it isn’t very difficult to get these layered 4th of July jello shots prepared. It just takes a little extra time.
I suggest making these red white and blue layered jello shots 1-2 days in advance so you can focus on other party details the day before everyone arrives.
How Long do Red White and Blue Jello Shots Take to Make?
Don’t be discouraged by the answer! Your actual time spent creating patriotic jello shots is approximately 1 hour.
Altogether, It takes about 7 hours to make layered jello shots. Of course, most of this time is simply letting the jello set up in the refrigerator between colors.
How Long do 4th of July Jello Shots Take to Set?
Each layer in these 4th of July jello shots will take approximately 2 hours to set. Since there are 3 layers, it will take 6 hours for the entire layered jello shot to set up.
This means you have two hours between each layer to focus on other things you need to get done before your guests arrive!
- 2 oz Plastic Mini Shot Glasses
- Muffin Pan
Red White and Blue Jello Shot Ingredients
These layered jello shots mix two complimentary fruit flavors with a creamy layer of sweetened condensed milk jello in the middle. Here’s the list of ingredients:
- Strawberry Jello
- Berry Blue Jello
- Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vodka (regular or Red White and Berry Vodka)
- Reddi Whip whipped cream
- Patriotic sprinkles for topping (red white and blue stars sprinkles)
Not ready to make these now? Save it for later and pin it to Pinterest!
Can You Use Flavored Vodka for Jello Shots?
Absolutely! This is my favorite tip for making the best-tasting jello shots. Try and match your vodka to the flavor of the jello you’re using. For example, these Berry Blue Jello Shots match perfectly with Blue Raspberry Vodka and these Pineapple Jello Shots are deliciously smooth with Pineapple Vodka.
These Red White and Blue layered jello Shots are made with regular vodka, but they would also be great with any berry vodka. Try Smirnoff’s Red White and Berry Vodka which turned out delightful in this Patriotic Lemonade Cocktail.
Red White and Blue Jello Shots Recipe
This recipe is really easy to make, the hardest part is waiting for each layer of jello to set up before moving on to the next layer.
Step 1: Place 2 oz plastic dessert cups / shot glasses into muffin pans. This makes it easier to move them as needed and they won’t slide around when taking them in and out of the refrigerator.
Step 2: Start with the red layer of Jell-O. Bringing 1 cup water to a boil.
Step 3: Remove pot from the stove and add the strawberry jello packet. Stir until all the powder dissolves.
Step 4: Pour in 1 cup of vodka, stir and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Step 5: Pour the mixture into the mini shot glasses, filling each shot glass 1/3 of the way full. Place in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours, or until the Jell-O is set.
Step 6: Rinse the pot to remove any red jello residue so you can make the next layer.
Step 7: Create the white jello layer. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
Step 8: Remove boiling water from the stove and stir in 2 packets of Knox gelatin until completely dissolved.
Step 9: Add sweetened condensed milk and stir well. Allow cooling for 30 minutes. If it is too warm when poured over the red jello, the colors will run together.
Step 10: Pour the white jello mixture into the jello shot cups, filling another 1/3 of the way and return to the refrigerator to set for another 2 hours.
Step 11: Make the blue jello layer by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil.
Step 12: Remove boiling water from the stove and add the blue jello powder. Stir until all the powder dissolves.
Step 13: Pour in 1 cup of Vodka and allow to cool for 30 minutes. We want to make sure the blue jello isn’t too warm before pouring over the white jello. Other wise the blue layer will run into the white layer.
Step 14: Pour the blue jello layer into the mini plastic shot cups, filling the final 1/3 of the cup. Add lids and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
Step 15: When you’re ready to serve, add whipped cream and patriotic sprinkles on top.
How Long Are Jello Shots Good For?
Once you’ve created your 4th of July jello shots, store them in the fridge for up to 3 days with the lid on the cups.
Once you remove them from the refrigerator, add whipped cream and toppings and serve while they are still good and cold. They are best consumed within 30 minutes of removing these layered jello shots from the fridge.
More Fun Jello Shots
Here are a few other great summer jello shot recipes you might want to give a try this summer. Enjoy these all summer long:
Pineapple Jello Shots – tropical pineapple yum.
Peach Jello Shots with Vodka– peaches are a summertime staple.
Crown Royal Peach Jello Shots – ever thought about flavored whisky in jello shots? Delish!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Jello Shots (hello yummy chocolate vodka!)
Yellow Lemon Starburst Jello Shots – fresh lemon with a sugary taste.
Blue Raspberry Jello Shots – fun blue color and berry flavors.
Pina Colada Jello Shots – tastes like a pina colada in a jello shot!
Peanut Butter Whiskey Jello Shots – gorgeous grape PB&J jello shots.
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots (Coconut Rum Yum) – pineapple and coconut are the perfect jello shot combination.
Jello Shot Tips:
- To make these 4th of July jello shots come out of their cups easier, spray a paper towel lightly with olive oil cooking spray and wipe the insides of the jello shot cups before adding the jello mixture.
- Measure the water and the vodka somewhat precisely. Too much liquid will keep jello shots from setting up.
- Add more fun garnishes to make them extra festive. These patriotic drink umbrellas are adorable and you can use the stick to help scoop out the jello shot. Decorative and functional!
These Red White and Blue Jello Shots are berry sweet and the whipped cream adds even more deliciousness. Have fun with these patriotic treats!
- 3 oz. box Strawberry Jello
- 3 oz. box Berry Blue Jello
- 2 packets Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups vodka, divided
- Reddi Whip Whipped cream, sprinkles, maraschino cherries for topping
- Place 2 oz plastic dessert cups into muffin pans so they won't slide around when taking them in and out of the refrigerator.
- Make the red jello layer by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Remove boiling water from the stove and add the strawberry jello packet. Stir until it dissolves.
- Pour in 1 cup of vodka and allow to cool for up to 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the jello shot cuts, filling each cup 1/3 of the way full. Place in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours until set.
- Rinse the pot to remove any red residue.
- Make the white jello layer. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Remove boiling water from the stove and stir in 2 packets of Knox gelatin until dissolved.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and stir well. Allow cooling for 30 minutes. If it is too warm when poured over the red jello, the colors will run together.
- Pour the white jello mixture into the jello shot cups, filling another 1/3 of the way and return to the refrigerator to set for another 2 hours.
- Make the blue jello layer by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Remove boiling water from the stove and add the blue jello packet. Stir until all the powder dissolves.
- Pour in 1 cup of vodka and allow to cool for 30 minutes. We want to make sure the blue jello isn't too warm before pouring over the white jello.
- Pour the blue jello into the shot cuts, filling the final 1/3 of the cup. Add lids and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Add whipped cream and patriotic sprinkles on top.
See article for any variations and additional garnishment ideas. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Patriotic 4th of July Red White & Blue Edible Sugar Star Sprinkles
2 oz Plastic Jello Shot Cups With Lids
Whaline 14Pcs Patriotic Party Decorations Set, 4th of July American Flag Party Supplies Hanging Paper Fans, Paper Flower Balls, Star Streamers, USA Flag Pennant Bunting Party Favors
Patriotic Tablecloth, 2 Pack Plastic Table Covers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.