Air Fryer Jerk Chicken Wings are incredibly flavorful after marinating in your favorite Jerk Chicken Sauce. All you need are 3 simple ingredients and less than half an hour to whip up these crispy air fryer chicken wings.
Jamaican Jerk Wings in the Air Fryer are a real treat with a little heat!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Jerk Chicken Wings
Crispy chicken wings are always a hit in my house, especially on game day or anytime we are serving a crowd.
- Two ingredients! This jerk chicken wings recipe is one of my favorites to toss together since you only need chicken wing sections and your favorite jerk marinade. It’s that simple.
- Air fryer wings are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Air frying uses a lot less oil than deep frying, making them a much healthier appetizer.
- Air fried wings are much quicker and crispier than oven baked method.
What is Jerk Seasoning?
Jerk seasoning is a blend of aromatics, warm spices and a touch of spicy flavor that make any recipe exciting.
Jerk is a style of cooking that hails from Jamaica, and Jamaican jerk seasoning is a blend of spices that give Jamaican cuisine its characteristic flavor.
Since I’m all about easy recipes, I use pre-made Jerk sauce found in most grocery stores. It’s also often labeled as Caribbean Jerk Sauce .
To make your own homemade jerk seasoning, you’ll need scotch bonnet peppers or a hot pepper sauce and spices like onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper to make jerk seasoning. Here’s a recipe for homemade Jerk sauce that’s delicious.
Air Fryer Jerk Chicken Wings Ingredients
All you need are 3 ingredients for amazing Jamaican jerk chicken wings!
CHICKEN WING SECTIONS: We use 2lbs of wings for this recipe and cook them in single-layer batches for this air fryer recipe.
OLIVE OIL COOKING SPRAY: A light coating of olive oil will help the chicken wings get extra crispy.
JERK CHICKEN SAUCE: You can buy a store-bought jerk chicken marinade or make your own jerk sauce.
Here are the step-by-step instruction for these air fryer jerk chicken wings:
STEP 1: Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator and let them reach close to room temperature.
STEP 2: Pat dry the wings with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. This will help them crisp up more in the air fryer.
STEP 3: Preheat your fryer to 390 degrees F for 1-2 minutes (depending on your air fryer model).
STEP 4: Lightly spray wings with olive oil cooking spray.
STEP 5: Add wings to the air fryer basket in a single layer with enough room between each to allow the hot air to swirl around all sides of the wings.
STEP 6: Air fry wings for 15 minutes.
STEP 7: Remove cooked wings and repeat with the next batch of wings until they’re all cooked.
STEP 8: Use a pastry brush to coat wings with Jerk sauce or place wings in a large bowl, pour the sauce over the wings and toss until fully coated.
STEP 9: Place the chicken wings back in the air fryer basket and cook for another 5-6 minutes. If you want extra crispy wings, add another 3-5 minutes. This will help sear the jerk sauce into the chicken too.
Pro Tip: Use a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken to make sure the internal temperature reaches 165F to be safe for consumption.
Step 10: Brush on additional Jerk chicken sauce as desired. Top with sprinkles of parsley for a color pop and serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks and your favorite dipping sauce.
Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe Tips
- If this is the first time you’re making this chicken wing recipes, check the wings a few times as they’re cooking to ensure that you don’t over cook and dry them out.
- Each Air Fryer can cook at slightly different temps and may cook things faster or slower depending on the make and model. So, I recommend checking on your wings the first time you go to make them, then each time you make them thereafter you’ll know exactly how long to cook them perfectly each time.
- Some cooks prefer to use foil or parchment paper to line the basket of the air fryer. By lining the air fryer basket, this blocks the hot air from circulating all around the chicken. This can be done to keep your basket cleaner, but you’ll need to flip the wings more often and adjust the cook time for longer.
How Long Do I Cook Wings In The Air Fryer?
Generally, it takes about 20 minutes in the air fryer once you’ve preheated it as long as you flip the wings midway through to help them cook evenly.
If adding a wet sauce, like this recipe for air fryer jerk chicken wings, then cook for 15 minutes. Remove the wings and brush with sauce and return to the air fryer for another 5 minutes.
For best results, I cook our wings at 390F.
Can Wings Be Layered In The Air Fryer?
For best results, I do not recommend layering your wings. Chicken wings should be placed in the basket in a single layer and make sure each wing tip doesn’t touch another one.
If you have a round, deep air fryer basket you can add this double rack to utilize more vertical space in the basket and cook more items at one time.
How Do You Store Caribbean Jerk Chicken Wings?
If you’re making these ahead of time or have some leftovers, store your cooked wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can store these in the refrigerator for 3 days. If you plan on enjoying these later in the day or the next day, you can store them in a ziplock bag in the fridge.
See below on how to reheat air fryer jerk chicken wings to get that same crispy exterior as the first day you made them.
How To Reheat Air Fryer Wings
While you could microwave your wings if you’re looking to have them reheated FAST, I don’t recommend this way because you’ll end up with soggy or soft wings. Nobody likes that.
Instead, I recommend tossing your wings back in a preheated Air Fryer to 350 for about 10 minutes. This will make sure they’re warm enough and have nice crispy skin.
More Air Fryer Appetizers
More Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes
Air Fryer Jerk Chicken Wings are a wonderful appetizer, main dish, or snack to serve to your friends and family. It really doesn’t get any easier than 2 ingredients and 20 minutes of cooking time. These wings have a bold flavor that everyone will rant and rave over.
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Jerk Sauce
- Remove chicken wings from the refrigerator and let them reach room temperature.
- Pat dry the wings with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. This will help them crisp up more in the air fryer.
- Preheat your fryer to 390 degrees F for 1-2 minutes (depending on your air fryer model).
- Lightly spray wings with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add wings to the air fryer basket in a single layer with enough room between each to allow the hot air to swirl around all sides of the wings.
- Air fry wings for 15 minutes.
- Remove cooked wings and repeat with the next batch of wings until they're all cooked.
- Use a pastry brush to coat wings with Jerk sauce or place wings in a large bowl, pour the sauce over the wings and toss until fully coated.
- Place the chicken wings back in the air fryer basket and cook for another 5-6 minutes. If you want extra crispy wings, add another 3 minutes.
- Brush on additional Jerk chicken sauce as desired. Top with sprinkles of parsley for a color pop and serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks and your favorite dipping sauce.
See recipe post for additional tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.